Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Disrespectful, mouthy kids

I am so sick of mouthy, disrespectful kids I can't stand it. I have always got at least one kid who is consistantly mouthy and several others who will fill in any gaps in the mouthiness. Usually the ones who have learned to talk more respectfully to me can't believe the mouthiness of the current frother. Imagine that. I have made it through 7 very mouthy kids. Some of them are not over the hump, but their outburst's are rare. So, they get over it and I must still endure the remaining six children coming behind them,who, at some point will believe that I should be their whipping post for everything going wrong now or anything that has gone wrong in the past. I am SICK of it. I know it goes with the territory of adoption and step-parenting but I no longer care. I want it to stop. I am angry now and ranting. Later I might feel different. I will feel depressed and wish I could do a better job.

Some of my kids take meds to make it through their various issues. I take meds for depression. I have a genetic issue with depression and have been dealing with it successfully for years. However, when my husband was deployed 2 years ago and 2 of my kids were over the edge I had to up my meds to a much higher dosage. Since we have moved to Olivia, I have had to discontinue my meds because my husband has not found full-time employment and hence no insurance. My meds alone cost over $100.00 a month.

Waah, waah, waah woe is me. No wonder I try to think about my garden 24/7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home