Saturday, August 13, 2005

random acts of kindness

Today I took seven kids to Apple Valley to return our former foster baby (now7) to her parents. I decided to do some school shopping since we just got paid and we hadn't done any yet. While in TJ Max a woman walks up to one of my daughters and askes about her hair locks. I tell her that I do them myself. Conversation ensues, she askes lots of questions about the kids that I don't usually answer. She asks me what would inspire me to adopt 10 children. I tell her because the need is great and someone has to do it and I can. It culminates at "how do you make it?" I tell her about the subsidy we receive and how withoutthe subsidy this would not be possible. She says yeah but how do you make it, that is not enough. I say well on paper we don't make it, nothing adds up. But, we don't try to make sense of it on paper it just works out somehow. She asks how old I am, I tell her, she doesn't believe it, we go our seperate ways.

At the checkout counter, many articles of school clothing later, she steps in front of me. I being who I am say "Oh did you want to check out ahead of me you don't have very much stuff." She says "I am going to pay for your things" I say "You're kidding, there is a lot of stuff here." $228.00 later she puts her card down on the counter, signs the charge and hands me the receipt. Made my day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

That is AWESOME! Almost makes it seem like it is worth doing it another day,huh?

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home